Visit the temporary exhibition Turning Heads with a museum guide and discover how versatile the face is. Experience the themes of the expo together: how did the Old Masters deal with study heads? What is a tronie? How did Rubens, Bruegel and Rembrandt play with light, expression and headgear? Experience together the universal fascination with the face.
The exhibition Krasse Koppen runs until 21 January, featuring masterpieces by Bruegel, Rubens, Jordaens, Rembrandt, Hals and Vermeer, among others. No solemn portraits of rulers and merchants, but poignant paintings of ordinary people with unusual faces. In these works, called 'tronies', painters played with headgear, expression and light. Thus, they explored the language of the face in a time without emojis.
Please keep in mind the conditions below before booking:
- A guided tour in 2023 costs €90. In 2024, a tour costs €95. In addition, you pay a ticket for each participant.
- A guided tour is recommended for groups of 1 to 15 visitors.
- Our guides speak Dutch, French, English or German. Other languages (Spanish, Italian, Russian, Arabic...) on request.
- The tour lasts 1,5 hours.
- You pay for your order immediately online. This order is final and cannot be changed.
- Note: the ticket types you order cannot be changed afterwards either. You will not get a refund for a wrong booking. Book only when you are sure of the number of participants and the ticket type of the participants.
- You will receive 1 global group ticket for your booking and no separate tickets per person.
- In case of force majeure (such as unexpected death, accident en route,...) you can ask for a refund via e-mail.