Booking your tickets, mapping out your museum itinerary, ... here you will find all the practical information you need for an unforgettable visit to the KMSKA.
Book your tickets
- One ticket gives you access to the entire museum.
- A visit of the entire museum at a leisurely pace takes 2 hours on average. Please keep this in mind when choosing your timed slot.
- Book your tickets in advance. You will pay and then receive your tickets via email. You also pick a time slot for your visit. Your visit can start every half hour. This means you can be assured of your place.
A-card and Museumpass
- Do you have an A-card? Every first Tuesday of the month, A-card holders enjoy a €10 discount. A-card holders with a chance ticket always have free admission to the museum.
- In the museum itself it is not possible to apply for a Museumpass or A-card.
- You can purchase a museum pass online.
The museum is closed on December 25 and January 01. On 24 and 31 December, the museum closes at 5pm.
- The museum is strongly committed to accessibility. Most of the halls are easily accessible for baby stroller and wheelchair. Elevators bring you to the different floors.
- The museum plan gives you a clear overview of the museum and all practical facilities.
- You can store your belongings in our free of charge cloakroom with lockers. Be it your coat, backpack or diaper bag.
- There are numerous restrooms in the museum. Some of them with changing table and wheelchair accessible toilets. You can recognize them by these icons above the door.
- Eating or drinking in the museum halls is not allowed. Hungry or thirsty? Reserve your spot in our museum restaurant. Or enjoy a picnic in our museum gardens.
- Do you want to be kept up-to-date? Subscribe to the newsletter for all facts and novelties.
The KMSKA is located in the attractive district of Het Zuid with its town houses, squares and boulevards. Lovely for a stroll and ... easily accessible. By public transport too. Antwerpen-Centraal train station is only a half-hour walk away. By bus and tram too. Calculate the best route via Smart ways to Antwerp.
Address: Leopold de Waelplaats, 2000 Antwerpen
By bus and tram
There are several bus and tram stops within walking distance of the museum. By tram, take line 4 and get off at Museum stop. Lines 1 and 10 stop at the Bres stop, 500 m from the museum. Plan your route using the De Lijn website.
Why not visit us by shared bike? You'll find several Vélo stations near the museum. Calculate your route. In parking Steendok, under the Gedempte Zuiderdokken, there is a secure bicycle parking area
You can reach the KMSKA by car. We do recommend that you plan your route in advance because Antwerp is a low-emission zone. Near the museum you can park in parking Q-Park Kooldok. Reserve your parking space more cheaply in advance. The best way to reach the parking lot is along Silvertoplaan and Generaal Armstrongweg.
TIP You’ll find several P+R-parking lots on the outskirts of the city. There you can park your car economically and easily get on the bus or tram to the city centre.
Groups, families and schools
Sharing wonderment: it makes every experience all the more memorable. So be sure to visit the KMSKA in a group.
The KMSKA amazes, connects and is enriching … for every generation. So plan a fun day at the museum with the kids.
Do you want to request a visit for a school class in French, English, German, Spanish or Italian? Please contact us and we will check out the possibilities.
What is there to do?
Drawing in the museum. An time-honoured and beautiful tradition at the KMSKA. One we like to keep alive. Will you join us?
The 10 is an adventurous journey of discovery through the museum for children and their families.
Are you visiting the KMSKA during the weekend? Then do drop in at our Open Studio, an artistic space where you yourself can get creative. In your own way. Check opening hours
The KMSKA app lets you discover the museum entirely on your terms.
Dive deeper into a work of art with Radio Bart.
Join a guide as an individual visitor.
Staying overnight in Antwerp
Extend your museum experience and stay a night in Antwerp! Book a hotel through We love Antwerp and enjoy the city.